Sunday, August 3, 2008

WOOOHHOOO

I'm a little high now. I just got back my connection. After 5 days of stressing, 5 days of trying other ways to fix it. All i needed to do was reset my modem. A little angry now that it was so easy to fix it. ARGH!!! So i got many topics to talk about so here goes.....

I was suppose to go for a competition in Singapore this coming weekend. But i can't go because Choong Yene pulled out. And since my transport, accommodation, and everything else was relying on him, i can't go either. Oh well, hope can go next year. On the plus side, now i get to watch the 1st 3 days of Olympics including the opening ceremony.
I have been counting down the days around a month plus ago. Can't wait to see it. Starting August 8th, my life will be thrust upon the magical world of sports at it's biggest stage. Every night i shall dream of me sitting in the Water Cube watching Sullivan vs Bernard battle it out to be the world's fastest swimmer. They have been wrestling the 100m and 50m freestyle world records over and over again at the beginning of 2008.

The water cube


It will also be an Olympic debut for the Speedo LZR. I'm sure there will be many controversial complaints over it. So far, 44 world records have been broken since the LZR came out in Febuary this year. I'm also excited to see the Powell vs Gay vs Bolt in the 100m race at the Bird's Nest.





Another topic, i've just watched The Dark Knight. I thought i would be disappointed after hearing all the fabulous comments on it and making me expect very high things. That's the problem with watching movies after everyone else, you will get influenced by their ratings. Anyway, i wasn't disappointed. Not one bit. Heath Ledger's performance was simply amazing. It's a shame to see him pass. But he passed with a boom by the acting he did in the movie.

I found the technology incredible. (spoiler alert) Especially the sonar vision he made. When people commented how long it was, i thought it would have a draggy storyline. But boy was i wrong. I was actually begging for it not to end. I'm glad it lasted so long. I wouldn't mind sitting there the whole day. Although some things were quite sickening, like how Joker can just kill Innocent people for no reason. I was actually a little scared to sleep last night. Afraid i might wake up to see a sadistic clown and a half-face monster staring at me. I could imagine the coin flipping through the air and me hoping it would suit my luck.

Now back to real life, my exams have ended. Don't think i did too well but who cares. It's over and im really stoked. Things between me and some people have been going bad lately but i'm sure we'll pull it through. I'm now waiting for a few more movies of the year.

September : The Other Boleyn Girl
November : Harry Potter 6

Ok that's all now. Hope you guys haven't fallen asleep from this post. Bye!

No comments: