Saturday, July 12, 2008

King!!!!

Today was the SMKSJ Road Run. I won last year and was hoping to win again. I was shocked when i found out all the boys will be starting together. I was afraid i would get affected by running with th form 5(s) like Divaghar. The route was the same as last year but this time it was in a diffrent direction. Last year the route had a lot of down hills, so this year there was going to be a lot of up hills.

After the girls started. They took quite long until we started. Once we started, most people sprinted (obviously). I saw Zul head infront. After the 1st turning, he started walking. I was then 4th(overall) and 1st(category). Infront of me was Divaghar,Yau Fai and some dude. I overtook Divaghar and Yau Fai soon after that but was afraid Divaghar might catch up. I Went ahead and overtook the girls. Heard many OMG(s) and DAMN(s).

Still afraid that Divaghar will catch up, i mantained my speed. I know my fitness level has gone down as i felt very tired. I urged myself to continue and finally the finish line was there. I targeted 17 minutes as i did 19 minutes last year. Turns out, my time was 16.34 minutes.

I was very happy to win the category. But even happier to settle my score with Divaghar for beating me in 5000m earlier this year. After that i expected Kin Meng to come in, but Q-Hung came in instead. So here were the standings for my category.

1st Me =)
2nd Q-Hung
3rd Vineeth
4th Rutheravan
5th Eusoff
6th Ghim Hann
7th Kin Meng
8th Omarul
9th Haziq
10th Jing Yi

No comments: