Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Race against the clock

Got a competition this weekend. Sports Excel 1st leg. So here are my targets i hope to do there.

50m Freestyle
Current time:30.54
Target time: Below 30 ( I don't mind taking 29.99) =)

100m Freestyle
Current time:1.06.23
Target time: 1.05 low( Below 1.05.50)

50 Butterfly
Current time:33.12
Target time: Below 33 ( Again i say......i'm fine with 32.99)

100m Butterfly
Current time: 1.13.45
Target time: Below 1.13.20

50m Backstroke
Current time:38.13
Target time: None ( This is just a ''for fun'' event)

Hopefully i can do all those times. I've been able to get close to my current best time during training.( For non sports people, close to your best time in training is very good ). I also have felt much stronger these past few months. But there are a few things that go to my disadvantage. Like for some reason my fitness level have dropped. And that i'm not tapering for this competition. ( for non sports people-tapering is a month long process where your training gets harder and harder and harder until its peak, then it comes down becoming easier easier and easier so that when the competition is here, you are well rested and not suffering from fatigue) Yeah, not doing this cause it's not an important competition. Ask my coach why..........

No comments: