Saturday, June 14, 2008

Blue ribbon

Today i ran a charity race organised by INTI University in Nilai. It was to help the blue ribbon campaign by the Rainbow Of Life Forces organisation. I was very impressed by how well organised the race was considering it was done by all college students. Although, they measured the distance wrong for my category(5km Men). My time was 18:57:20 haha. 5km my foot la. Most probably it was around 4km plus. Could have gotten 1st but a big group of indians came so that tells the story.

The blue ribbon campaign is to raise funds for children with cancer. The Rainbow Of Life Forces has other campaigns such as red,orange,indigo, and other colours of the rainbow. It's to show that all of us are united with the rainbow despite race,religion,background and nationality. Hopefully, by me running i managed to help get treatment for 1 child out there who suffers the sickness thrust upon them.

No comments: