Saturday, June 28, 2008

1st day.......

Today was the 1st day of the competition i was talking about earlier. Today had 50m back,50m fly and 100m free. Here goes..

Journey there....
I followed Caroline there. Woke up at 6.30, my dad sent me to her house. Left her house at around 7. Slept in the car while listening to my MP3.

Warm up
We reached there a bit late so the competition pool was filled with too many people. So me,Caroline,Jet Ming and Yuan warmed up in the diving pool. There too we had trouble finding space. Kept getting blocked by the stupid syncro swimmers. In the end managed to warm up also. After that went up and waited for our events. OMG.......there were so many people taking part. We were dying of boredom. FYI.....It lasted like that the whole day.

50m Backstroke
Target was nothing because i only wanted to take it for fun and as a warm up. So did all the normal things la. Nothing special about this race. Except me and Jet Ming were almost late
and kinda rushed but i managed to do 38.53. Not bad for a ''for fun'' race.

50m Butterfly
While waiting for this event i fell asleep couple of times. Laze around the pool area and practically trying to stay calm. When my event arrived i was relived yet nervous. Swam in the same heat as Kwang Lee, i lost to him in PRAKL and i didn't intend on doing it again. Didn't do a good swim there but this was a different story. After the horn i jumped in and immediately remembered my mistake at PRAKL which was not kicking fast enough in the underwater kick. So i kicked a faster pace this time. My target was below 33 and turned out i did 31.75 =). Exactly when i touched the board i looked over at Kwang Lee's lane and he was already there. Turns out he beat me by 0.3 seconds. DARN!!

100m Freestyle
The event i was looking forward to the most. I knew i was going to improve for i have improved a lot the past few months. Same story as 50m fly. I was in the same heat as Kwang Lee. After the start i realised i was half a body in front of everyone. After the 25m mark i realised Kwang Lee was catching up but still i remained my pace saving the final sprint for the finish. We turned at to 50m at the same time. But on the push off he led. He was in front my an arms length. The energy i saved finally exploded on the last 35m. I caught up with Kwang Lee and overtook him. The rest was blur as i touched the board and saw that Kwang Lee was already there. He beat me by 0.14. Turns out he overtook me in the last 5m. How sad is that. Anyway i was aiming for 1.05 low and i did 1.02.94 =).

Overall
I guess today was pretty good considering my excellent times. But because of the boredom the day was ruined. Although i managed to catch up with my old friends.

Annie, Yes long time no see and now i can ejek you about being a SUKMA swimmer.
Kwang Lee, 2 words, DAMN YOU!
James, the bet is off man.
Jeremy, Yes i am taller than you. Deal with it.
Ian, you 13 year old gigantor!

Journey back
My dad fetched me back and i slept on the way back. While discussing about my swims.

Ok have to sleep now. Another day at the pool tomorrow. Hope can do good times like today. Ciou.

No comments: