Sunday, January 11, 2009

SAG day 3

The final day of the Selangor Age Group was an enjoyable one.

200 freestyle : 2.15.96

I improved and it was a good race. I got 5th overall. I thought i was in a good position to get 4th but Joey Chan just had that extra push in the last 25m where i lost out.

50m backstroke : 38.16

haha. A 'for-fun' event. Didn't expect much. I didn't do a best time and im not sure whether i got disqualified. I forgot to check the results.

50m freestyle : 28.61

Also didn't improve. Mainly because of my horrible breakout. I blame the breakout for the crooked diving board in lane 3. Oh well, i never liked the 50s anyway.

4x100 medley relay : 4.43

We won gold again!!! Adam started of with the backstroke and he got us around half a second lead over KSAS. Shaun took over for the breaststroke where he was fantastic.
He got us a 25m lead over the rest of the field and as i jumped in for the butterfly leg it felt great to be so far in front. I held the lead and so did Kin Ho in the freestyle as we won the gold, 10 seconds in front of nearest competitors Cempaka.

*random photos




2 comments:

Kevin Siah said...

Well done, lil' bro. Congrats on your improved timings and golden victories in the two relays. Sometimes when you focus on distance events, it is difficult to improve on your sprint events.

kippy keith said...

haha thanks. overall happy with all my timings