Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Kampung CNY

I came back from Pahang this evening. My trips to Pahang has always been the same. Nice weather since my relatives live in quite a ''kampung'' place. The people there are nice. The usual hotel we always stay in. But this time they added WiFi which was great. The usual visiting to the same old houses I've been going since i was like 5. Grandfather's bike still there. Oh and this time there were dogs there. Really friendly dogs. Enjoyed playing with them. And those of you who knows me, the dogs have to be REALLY friendly if i dare to get close to them. Saw my baby cousins growed up a little and starting to talk. There was a new shopping centre there. It was opposite the same temple we always go. While i was there, i watched 2 movies. Ip man and Made of honour.

Ip man was really cool. Even though the DVD we got had horrible English subtitles. I understood it pretty well. I think they filmed it well too. How every punch and every kick was taken to such great detail. It was a good reflection on how badly the Japanese occupation treated us and our homes. Makes me relieved that its all over now.

Made of honour was ok. Maybe the bad sound quality from the DVD played a role in making it seem bad. The storyline is exactly what you get in a synopsis or summary. They didn't really expand the story. The show was kinda short. Almost like a children's show. It was merely average. Nothing more. Nothing less.

No comments: