Friday, February 20, 2009

MSSS 09

Sorry for not updating. NOthing have been interesting enough to update about. Anyway jsut spent 3 days at PADE for MSSS. My times were sucky. But can say it was expected. They were mostly like training times. Somehow felt very lazy to sprint through out the WHOLE competition.

Day 1


100 free : 1.03
50 fly: 31

yea i know. Really bad times. Anyway today was the 1st day. Normal competition. Although its MSSS and were suppose to be representing our school. All of us still find our way back to our clubs. So yes. I sat with all the Stingray swimmers at our usual hangout spot. I went training that night. Hard programme. Shall not go into details. Today i realised what a competition without tapering does to you.

Day 2

100 fly : 1.10
50 free : 29

Yup. Once again. BAD TIMES. At this point i actually found it almost amusing that i could not get near my best times. The other races i could tell i wasn't at my best during the race. But somehow during the 50 free i felt good. Felt strong. Was beating the rest. But still ended up wit a time more than a second off my personal best. Today it rained hard towards the end of the day. It was really fun. Hahaha

Day 3

200 free : 2.23
4x100 free relay
4x100 medley relay

Horrible time for the 200. I felt sucky. I died before the 100m mark. So was suffering through the last 100m. The relays were ok. I thought we could get a medal for each. But ended up with 5th for the free relay and 4th for the medley relay. Today during lunch got to watch the MSSS for waterpolo. Quite a cool sport. But don't intend on joining it anytime soon.



Conclusion of this MSSS. Sucky. I found out that tapering is REALLY important. Too bad we can't taper for every competition. Still i had fun as always. Always a good time when hanging out with my swimming mates.

*For more photos. Go to my facebook album.

No comments: